Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding and Things I Heart

In honour of Wills & Kate's wedding I give you this:



It has the most fabulous video with it, but I am not smart enough to figure out how to put it on here....maybe it's not possible....sigh. Go watch it. Seriously. Doodle and I have watched it close to a zillion times (only a slight exaggeration).

Plus......See Katy Perry's Royal Wedding-Inspired Nails

In other royal news, I taught Doodle to say "Long live the Queen" and "We love Wills & Kate" today.....mostly to annoy my brother, who is not embracing our British heritage in the face of the Royal Wedding. Boo J.

NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:::::::
I have decided it was ridiculous for me to do "things I heart" on Wednesdays, because Wednesday is the one day of the week that my evening is always busy....SO, I'm moving it to Friday! Yay!

1. Girl Genius: Adventure, Romance, MAD SCIENCE
It's the webcomic I read consistently, three days a week, every week. I so heart it....makes me want to get to work on steam punk clothing for myself!

2.


Elsie's blog A Beautiful Mess is one of my absolute favourites! I love her vintage style, her art, her new store, her even newer dress line....basically I wish I could move to Springfield, MO to hang out with her (and her sister, Emma) and eat cupcakes and drink coffee!!!!

3.

It's a whole apparel line dedicated to the Star Wars girls of the world!!! YAAAAY!!!! (not that I don't have my share of youth boy shirts to prove my love...but this is WAY awesomer!!)
This one is my current favourite:




Also, this one


4th (and finally, because I'm tired and medicinally strung out....)
This epic quote from Neil Gaiman on Doctor Who:

"No, look, there's a blue box. It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. It can go anywhere in time and space and sometimes even where it's meant to go. And when it turns up, there's a bloke in it called The Doctor and there will be stuff wrong and he will do his best to sort it out and he will probably succeed 'cause he's awesome. Now sit down, shut up, and watch Blink." -
Neil Gaiman, (watch the WonderCon panel here).

No comments:

Post a Comment