Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In which I ramble.

Today we celebrated my birthday, only a week late, not bad for us! That's what happens when your birthday always falls the week of a show. It makes me happy, though, because I always get to spend my birthday doing what I love, with people I love. So that's good.

Karisa made a Harry Potter themed dinner because she knew how much I wanted to have a big huge Potter themed birthday party, but since I'm a little busy, it never happens. That's okay. I'd be content with hanging lanterns from the tree when we eat outside this fall. Jonathan grilled dragon and it was brilliant! (probably actually chicken...) Pretty much they're the bestest!!!! (jonathan and karisa, not dragon/chicken foods)

They got me Gnomeo and Juliet! We spent the evening all together watching it! Yay fun! I loved it! (of course!!) Unfortunately, now I really really want to go see the real thing at the Shakespeare Festival. However, I'm not going to. Expensive. Hot. Would have to find someone to go with me. (although that last one might not be a huge problem...I can think of lots of people I'd like to go with...not sure how many of them would choose Romeo and Juliet to spend $30 odd dollars on, though, of all Shakespeare's glorious plays). The next time they do Hamlet I may just die if I don't go to see it. Someday. Someday maybe. Maybe if I'm really lucky...and feeling REALLY confident in my directorial skills. Maybe I'll be brave and lucky enough to actually direct it myself. Since it is my alltimefavouritestthing.
Anyway. Once again I transgress....surprise surprise.

Not feeling near as positive today as I was yesterday...not really surprising either. I had to crash sometime...it was weird how much extra energy I had, pent up inside me, at the end of the show...Sure I crashed physically really early Monday morning...but I don't think my brain caught up until today. Curiouser and Curiouser.

Oh well. Borders is closing FOREVER. This makes me most upset. Also that no one cared enough to make sure I got my free birthday drink before it expired. (besides me...but I don't count, so...)

The board accepted Mom's resignation tonight (I assume). So now I will be spending the next month a complete and total wreck. They don't meet again until the 17th. The day before school starts. So. I have lots and tons of getting ready to do. And then, after doing all the work, I will find out if they decide to hire me....thinking about it makes me nauseous.

Anyway. It's off to bed. To sleep, perchance not to dream. because my dreams have a terrible way of seeping into my regular thoughts and being a huge distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment