Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Middle Earth, Superheroes, a bit of Fry & Laurie, and a whole lot of rambling


This is the most epically brilliant thing I have ever seen!!!!! I want to live there!!!! (although the real middle earth might be more comfortable than a lego one....)


look at this preciousness!!!! (pun totally intended)

 
AND THEY HAVE A CAVE TROLL!!!!!


Agh! There's so much more....but I will not post all of them. Don't want to spoil it all. But seriously. Go check it out!!!! 



And this breaks my nerdy little tmnt-loving heart, particularly since I have no idea where it came from other than the list it's on.....sigh.....


There are some other excellent hoodies on the list...probably since it calls itself the "25 coolest hoodies in the world" list....but krang totally and completely kicks everything other sweatshirt's ass...even the complete shredder.....and the pikachu and r2-d2 ones.......but not by thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat much. sigh.

So cleverly adorable and lovely and fun! Love it! Love it! Love it!

This is my favouritest quote of the day, from Joss Wheadon, on making the Avengers and other super hero directors:   We're in the business of proving that superhero movies aren't just eye-candy (they're eye-TRUFFLES!).
So, no. I have not seen The Avengers yet....haven't had time...but I simply cannot wait until I do have time!!!!
Nor can I wait to see Spiderman!!! (half considered not attending our performance that day so as to see it when it opens, then realized i would not have to miss it if i went at midnight....however, neither of those are likely to happen anyway....the whole 2 shows in a week and a half thing and all....)
I am supremely excited and horrified all at once at the thought of finally seeing the final Batman. I do not want it to end. I am still unsure about Anne Hathaway. I know Christopher Nolan has done more than epic brilliant thus far and it will all be okay, but I'm a worrier at heart....and a crier by nature (i blame my abnormally large tear-ducts for that one...). It is undoubtable that I WILL cry. And I probably will cry lots...... (see previous posts for more mention of my pathetic ability to cry at almost any and every film in existence).

Curses! I was going to indulge in some pre-avengers-viewing eye-truffles with Joamma tonight, but then both our schedules attacked us. And now, when I am ready to be sleepy, I have realized that I could have been watching Tangled!!!!!! Quadruple curses!!!!! 
I attempted to watch it on Monday morning with Roo, as she brought it over with her. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the menu, she had decided she'd rather watch some muppet show. (we're on a major muppet kick around here these days....chuckles sings "man or muppet" and mahna-mahna...i still can't manage to watch the new movie without crying....) Sigh. My life is terribly hard.

Which brings me to my final point. Last Friday, at lunch, I overheard this conversation ~
Roo: Life is hard! (with a bit of a sigh at the end of it)
Chuckles: (a bit too enthusiastically) I know!!!
OH MY GOSH!!!!! I NEARLY DIED....or at least really honestly almost fell out of my chair....honestly.

And on that note....
I shall leave you with some gratuitous pictures of Hugh Laurie. Swooooooon















And just to be safe....A little Bertie & Jeeves..........

    Simply lovely. Pure innate happiness. Agh. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment